I haven’t posted in a while but have been sketching regularly and continuing to develop new pieces. Recent developments:
– I attended a teacher / education event at Pedagoohampshire17 at Eggars School, Alton, Hampshire. I ran a stall with my art. I was pleased to sell an original piece – the buyer’s first piece of art which made it even more of a compliment and a miniature canvas, photo frame and some cards.
– I have been accepted to sell items through Treasure of Dorset website. I have uploaded some pieces and await seeing them on the site.
– I have been selected to be one of the Artisans on the Beach at Swanage Shore Road Beach Huts from 27th November 2017 to January 7th 2018. An opportunity to run a retail unit – my commitment is to be open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9 to 6. On some weeks I may open 6 or 7 days. I am now looking at stock needs and working on more designs.
– My new original Winter Sunset is now on display and for sale at Java Coffeehouse, Swanage. Thanks to Ciaron for let me join his gallery of works.
– I have craft fairs at St Edwards RC Hall, Rempstone Road, Swanage on Saturdays October 7th and November 4th from 10 to 4 pm on both occasions.
I am now going to at last put some more work into this website and my Facebook page to include the shopping facility I now have and use my Square reader card handling ability.
I have had ideas for 2018 including Open Studio for Purbeck Art Weeks again; an open exhibition of water based landscapes and water sports so I have a clear direction to aim in. But key to all of this is to make sure that my art remains fun and a way to relax and not a source of stress.