Well, yesterday after a bit of a delay I started the framing process. I quickly got into a routine of measuring mounts against frame backboards and trimming as required. Then my shopping for D rings, screws and picture cord meant that all frames could have a better hanging solution. I framed 9 pieces at 16″ by 12″ and 20″ by 16″. I also added the improved hanging solution to three other pieces.
Initially I have hung pieces around the studio walls to have them available. The next decision is what cord to use for my hanging system. It is now a choice between picture cord or Dyneema kite line or which 8 have several sets that are no longer used and offer a high strength breaking limit.
Then today I have been on a boat shift, I produced an off the cuff birthday postcard for an ex colleague who was hiring a rowing boat with family. Later I sketched a mixture of birds on the water, boat features, and coloured in a previous black and white sketch.
Tomorrow the framing and hanging will develop further.i need to find a good solution to hanging mounted pieces as there will not be enough frames for every piece.
Thanks for following my preparation.
Andy<div class='sharedaddy sd-block sd-like jetpack-likes-widget-wrapper jetpack-likes-widget-unloaded' id='like-post-wrapper-123416164-691-63e29a091ba62' data-src='https://widgets.wp.com/likes/#blog_id=123416164&post_id=691&origin=andyknillart.com&obj_id=123416164-691-63e29a091ba62' data-name='like-post-frame-123416164-691-63e29a091ba62' data-title='Like or Reblog'><h3 class="sd-title">Like this:</h3><div class='likes-widget-placeholder post-likes-widget-placeholder' style='height: 55px;'><span class='button'><span>Like</span></span> <span class="loading">Loading...</span></div><span class='sd-text-color'></span><a class='sd-link-color'></a></div>