It is April and for the second year I have placed my order for the run up to Purbeck Art Weeks on the 26th. I visited the Artisan Yard yesterday to update my stock records and look at what is selling and deciding on my order.
As part of the process of organising my order I decided to compile a top 10 sales list for both greetings cards and giclée prints to date. These are my findings;
Greeting cards top 10 sellers
1. Swanage Beach Huts* 184
2. Santa over Swanage 138
3. Santa over Corfe Castle 137
4. Looking East* 129
5. Santa over Wareham Quay 97
6. From Prince Albert Gardens,
North across Swanage Bay 57
7. Santa over Chapmans Pool 52
8. Prince Albert Gardens and Bay 48
8. Spa Beach Huts* 48
10. Corfe Castle from GPS surgery 39
Here we have the first card I drew and sold cards to Swanage TiC along with Looking East and Spa Beach Huts which were commissioned designs by them too. In joint 8th place is my original design for TiC which I then edited for their card version. These were amongst my first cards available to buy in 2017.
All four Christmas card designs feature. Swanage and Chapmans Pool were available for 2017 and 2018. Corfe Castle and Wareham Quay went on sale from June 2018. So the new 2019 additions Kimmeridge and Studland will be available from Purbeck Art Weeks 2019.
Giclée prints top 10 sellers
1. “Hungry Hare” photo 8 Original not applicable
2. Swanage Beach Huts 7 Original sold
3. Year 3 sketching trip 5 Original donated to Swanage Primary
4. PAW studio in the snow 4 Original sold
4. Looking up at wintery sky 4 Original sold
4. From Prince Albert Gardens
North across Swanage Bay 4
7. Looking East 2
8. Winter sunset 2 Original sold
8. Sailing from Chapmans Pool 2 Original sold
8. North from Purbeck Ridge 2 Original sold
The encouraging aspect here is that only two of the originals remain available from this list. My printer James thought that Year 3 sketching trip was possibly not the wisest name but I stuck with it and it tells a tale of its own.
It will be interesting with time to repeat this exercise annually to see which remain the favourite designs.